1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

thoughts on sulky

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by nfriend, Feb 22, 2011.

1. nfriend

nfriend LawnSite Member

what are your guys thoughts on one wheel sulky or a two wheel sulky? Also buy or build? I have a ex mark metro 48'' mower and looking to buy or build a sulky for my mower so I don't need to walk all the time. Thanks for your guys thoughts and time.

2. Landrus2

Landrus2 LawnSite Platinum Member

Go out and buy one two wheel have better stability
    Forget about building one don’t ask me why

3. freshprince94

freshprince94 LawnSite Bronze Member

I have always run a one wheel Velke brand sulky on my walkbehind. It speeds things up substantially and eliminates the fatigue. I wouldn't go without one.

Personally, rather than going through the trouble to build a decent sulky, I would just buy one. Most off brand sulkys (Havener, etc.) aren't bad. The only reason I have a Velke is because it came with the mower.

4. gmlm

gmlm LawnSite Member

i like the single wheel velke type sulky. i have had the 2 wheel but you hit more bumps with the 2 wheel and seems to be a little ruffer of a ride. i bought 3 single wheel velkie from ebay new/skratch/dent for under 100.00 each with shipping.

5. rhyan6

rhyan6 LawnSite Member

I like the two wheel better, seems to back up allot easier when needed to, just my opinion