Thoughts on the Exmark 26"?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by adaptivehomeservices, Nov 11, 2006.

1. adaptivehomeservices

adaptivehomeservices LawnSite Member
    from Midwest

Seems like this may be a better purchase than a toro 21"? Except for the price difference, what is the better mower for residential? I will be buying a small one for back yards and trimming.

2. MattsMowing3535

MattsMowing3535 LawnSite Senior Member

IT IS BAD! I have not heard 1 good thing about it!!!!! Get the toro 21" or a used 32"!!!!

3. adaptivehomeservices

adaptivehomeservices LawnSite Member
    from Midwest

Yeah....since I posted that I have located all bad press on it. It just looked like a great idea but all I read says I can't afford to make that mistake. Thanks.

Yeah, should have researched it more before I posted.

4. MartinsMowing

MartinsMowing LawnSite Member

i dont understand why it is such a bad machine. I would think the deck design would be similar to a 21 just enlarged. also if you hit something big it will be less likely to damage the engine being belt drivin

5. thesargent

thesargent LawnSite Senior Member

from what ive read its because it has the same size engine as a 21 inch, just way to underpowered, amongst other things. maybe someone that owns or owned one can help us out.
    wayne

6. MartinsMowing

MartinsMowing LawnSite Member

encore makes a 26 with 8.5 hp b&s

7. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

The unit is very heavy....makes a Honda seem very light. I would try to get a used 32" Belt driven Scag.

8. indy2tall

indy2tall LawnSite Senior Member

Apart from all it's prior problems it still will not mulch worth a crap and that is coming straight from an Exmark rep that I talked with at the Louisville expo this year.

9. JRS Landscaping

JRS Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

buy an exmark 32 they are great or if u want a smaller go with a snapper i got an old one that i beat the hell out if it day in day out and its great