1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Thoughts on the Hustler ATZ for hills?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by SunriseLawn, Nov 12, 2003.

1. SunriseLawn

SunriseLawn LawnSite Member

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

That is what the unit was designed for.
    Do a search here on LS, you will find a few threads with lots of info and pics.
    we have a couple of demo units in Ohio and would love to demo the unit for you.
    Let me know if I can help you or answer any questions you may have.

3. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Like this one...:)

picture 010.jpg
  4. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

Drove it at Louisville EXPO, very nice and smooth machine, smooth ride, nice controls, good traction etc. There were no inclines to try it on.
    This is "crazygator" on the ATZ at the EXPO.

5. I seen it at the gie show too.Like all other Hustler products they look very well built.I myself think it is ugly with the bars .But I rather have Safety than looks.I will test drive one in the spring to see how it handles these hills in the ozarks
  6. Lazer_Z

Lazer_Z LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

Hey Eric/FSM i have a question for ya about that mower

Did you find it a comfortable fit for your body type?

I am asking this because i'm close to 6'0" and a big boy and i sat on one at my dealer and it did'nt fit me too well i felt cramped my legs did not seem to streach out as far as on an eXmark or Toro and it seemed like i dwarfed the machine standing next to it
    maybe it is because of the low profile the machine i don't know

And Pj looks like a really usefull machine if i had places to use it i would buy one in a heartbeat

Thyanks for any response
  7. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

That’s not me on the mower in the picture, it’s a fellow Lawnsite member whose screen name is “Crazygator”. I’m 6’ and 167 pounds. Found the ATZ to be pretty comfortable. I imagine it has a few adjustments to help the cramped feeling but it felt pretty roomy to me. Was the seat back all the way? Just curious. I thought it had more leg room than others because of the long wheelbase and all. You don’t have to have hills to buy one ;) it can be used on level ground too ya know lol. Hope this helps.
  8. Lazer_Z

Lazer_Z LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

Thanks Eric but i can't justify the 11 to 12k price tag on those things and yes the seat was all the way back if they still have it next time i'm there i'll see if i can take it for a spin

I really want to play with an 04 lazer
  9. I'm 6'4 and 240lbs and found that the hustler had plenty of room.The rolls bars might give it a smaller seat area.I can also say this .You get what you pay for and your money is well spent with a hustler product
  10. battags

battags LawnSite Senior Member

I had the opportunity to demo one at a dealer show here in NE Ohio. Nice machine, well built and engineered, but definately a little ugly lookin'. Did take it on a hill, but nothing significant. While it may have its place, I'll stick with a good WB on the hills for what I'd pay for the ATZ.