Thoughts on the Lazer Z striper kit

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by momow, May 18, 2008.

1. momow

momow LawnSite Member

Just tried out my new Laser AS w/Ultracut deck. Needless to say I'm very pleased. Used to cut with an old Simplicity and I would of had to sweep after this last mowing. Not with the Z, it cut and distributed the clippings so nice. The z-turn saves a bunch of time but the stripes aren't nearly as distinct as they were with the old Sunstar. Any drawbacks to the Exmark roller set-up? My dealer would cut me some slack on the price. Thanks, Mo

2. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

I think you can buy one on Ebay for about $200. The company has good feedback. Not many complaints after installing a roller.

3. momow

momow LawnSite Member

Thanks Tacoma,

I should have posted in the homeowner section, but since this is a pro unit, I thought I would ask the pros. Thanks again, Mo

4. jpaul4

jpaul4 LawnSite Member

I ould like your opinion on camparing you Lazer & your Turf Tiger. How do the cuts compare ? How about reliability ? Thanks for your help.

5. newtostone

newtostone LawnSite Senior Member
    from NY

Speaking of this, I should be picking up a roller for my Turf tracer walk behind tomorrow (the dealer said theres one for it) and where the heck does it fit in there? theres almost no room behind the wheels. And back to your topic, i have an AS and the roller on it, its just wonderful no drawbacks. Get it and enjoy the lawn

6. momow

momow LawnSite Member

Can't comment on the reliability, or cut . But in my shopping I got the Z for over a $1000 less than a Wildcat 61"