thoughts on the perma-green

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by C.T. Lawn Care, Sep 1, 2006.

1. C.T. Lawn Care

C.T. Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

I am about to buy a perma-green and wonder what you all like and dislike about them? Is there anything i should look for before i buy one or are they just a solid machine with no problems?

Thanks guys

2. bntt68

bntt68 LawnSite Senior Member

Look at a Z-Spray!!!

3. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Be careful purchasing either one of these machines. Both will cause your business to have a higher profit margin. They cause you more work. You end up counting and recording more checks, and quite possibly, if you're not careful, and do it right, it ends up causing you to make more trips to the bank for deposits. :walking: payup

4. DUSTYCEDAR

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

^ he said it

5. PB34

PB34 LawnSite Member

I have an extra permagreen magnum I am selling, very good condition, I just don't use it much. $4000. Located 30 minutes north of detroit, michigan.

6. Forever Green Lawn

Forever Green Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

We have several perma-greens and we like them. The Magnum is a much improved model and most people seem to like using it. Some people don't like the spread pattern on the lesco style hopper, but once you get used to it, it's ok. They are easy machines to operate and you'll be suprised how much time they save you. As for problems, keep a pump handy, extra belt, rod-ends, throttle cable. Let me know if you have any questions.
    Scott

7. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

Do your mean the new Magnum or older Ultra, or even older Centri?
    I have an Ultra--I have had a few problems with the electrical system, fertilizer and moisture are really hard on wireing. and associated connections.
    Another thread mentions that the spreader opening lever on the Magnum is flimsey, and it pops open when transporting machine. Also, the starter rope is difficult to replace.

8. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Is your Ultra one of the first ones? They made some changes and came out with the Ultra SE (sealed electric). This is the one I have, and I havent had a lick of trouble with it yet. It kind of scares me, because this is my second season, and I haven't even changed the pump yet. If it doesn't go out by the end of this season, I'm just going to order one and have it on hand at the shop. I want to get the larger one, though.

9. Forever Green Lawn

Forever Green Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

The old Centri and early did have some wiring issues. As Runner said, the Ultra SE fixed that. We have 3 and haven't had any problems. Pumps can be strange, sometimes they last a long time, sometimes they don't. Really depends on what you put through them, anyone spraying speedzone knows what I mean, especially if you have a shur-flo pump. The Magnum has no electric on it and you are right, the starter rope can be a pain, but it was on the ultra as well. All in all, the permagreens are a good machine with most problems being easily fixed at minimal expense.
    Scott

10. DUSTYCEDAR

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

with most problems being easily fixed at minimal expense.
    and they will ship u any part u need real fast i love the customer service when i need it perma green really goes the extra distance to help u out
    i have 2 magnums and i love them sure beets walking