1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

thoughts on this bid

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by nu83, Mar 16, 2002.

1. nu83

nu83 LawnSite Member
    from omaha

I would like your thoughts on a bid I gave this week. I will be using a 48 in JD WB and I will be the only one on this property. measured 30,000 sq ft of mowing, with lots of trees. I estimated 25 mins of trimming, 40 mins of mowing. This is in my prime neighborhood that I do most of my work and am advertising heavily there as I hope to add more accounts near by existing ones. I want this account, but not at a loss obviously. I figure this mower costs only 8 dollars a day as I got a great deal on it from a guy getting out of the business, I bid $ 65 weekly. Any thoughts? Thanks.
  2. jaybird24

jaybird24 LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

Sound pretty good to me. Thats over $60 /hr plus if you already have accounts there you have little or no drive time. If you know the neiborhood and this is a price they go for your ok if you think its' high it probably is. Too bad bidding lawns is'nt like selling cars-- start high and you can always come down-- in this biz if you start high they just dont call.
  3. strickdad

strickdad LawnSite Senior Member

thats a little over $2.00 a thousand if your market will stand it thats would be great!!! around here it would only stand about $1.75 a thousand which would be 52.50........
  4. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Sounds about right to me.