Thoughts on this box truck!

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by KrayzKajun, Nov 20, 2012.

1. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

No. I need another truck.
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. Green-Man

Green-Man LawnSite Bronze Member

Oh okay good I was getting sad hahaha
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. KrayzKajun

Back to tossing around the idea of getting this box truck, throwing a dovetail ramp and a wrap on it. Make it a mowing rig.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

Why not get something a little nicer? I'd rather get a 3/4 ton pickup that could be used for more tasks than just hauling mowers around.

5. Luke Reedy

Luke Reedy LawnSite Member

Speaking of box truck, I saw one for sale the other day in Metairie. It is an Isuzu single cab with about a 14-16 box on it. Was on the causeway service road south side about a block from IHOP or Waffle House, whatever that is right there. Mine just got a new transmission last Thursday.

6. KrayzKajun

Bought time yours gets fixed.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. KrayzKajun

I have my dually for pulling trailers etc. i would like a dedicated mowing truck, to save time on hooking/unhooking trailers everyday and so i can stop putting so many miles on my truck. Ive picked up a handful of yards in a gated community. Its a very tight squeeze with my dually and 18' enclosed. (Yur always blocking someones driveway).
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. SwatDawg15

SwatDawg15 LawnSite Member

For $950? I would get it and put the ramp on it. Try it out and if I didnt like it. I would flip it for 3k on eBay.

On the other hand, your Dodge, tractor, skid, ect ect all use diesel. Kinda nice to buy in bulk and fill everything up at the shop.