Thoughts on this dump truck

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by ksss, Jul 14, 2008.

1. stuvecorp

stuvecorp LawnSite Fanatic

Way cool.:clapping:

2. RockSet N' Grade

RockSet N' Grade LawnSite Silver Member

Only problem I see is that you stopped in Potato Land when you should have kept drivin' in down here to Angel Chap's Land where it would find a nice new home. If you don't like it, I got first right of refusal.......

3. Gravel Rat

Gravel Rat LawnSite Fanatic

Its good to hear you got the truck it will be a big upgrade from the manure spreaders aka International you have :laugh:

The test of the Mack power is put 15 ton in the truck and see how well it does. I don't know if the engine has a true JAKE the Dynatard system Mack uses doesn't do much.

The key to keep a Mack from riding bad is try keep good drive tires on it. A out of round drive tire that starts thumping makes the ride rough. I used to drive a Mack with solid walking beam suspension.

It will be curious to see how well the truck works for you :drinkup:

4. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

Before you know it, you're going to have to buy some real machines to go with that real truck. Probably Cat, nothing else will keep up with that rig. :drinkup: Congrats on the buy.

5. Gravel Rat

A triaxle tag trailer will be the next thing he needs.

6. RockSet N' Grade

The next thing he needs is a four letter word with clients that pay promptly or pay at all.....

7. Gravel Rat

It is no different here h*ll contractors have to visit the people that owe them money at dinner hour and harrass them to get paid. Another tatic is see them in the grocery store and ask them when they are going to pay their bill.

Most contractors have outstanding bills they can't pay because they haven't been paid for months for the jobs they have done.

Gravel hauling is all by the hour if the homeowner doesn't want to pay the 100 dollars per hour the truck isn't moving. The cost of fuel isn't going down with it currently sitting at 5.88 a gallon for diesel and truck tires at 500 each.

8. RockSet N' Grade

So Ksss........I assume you spent the day inspecting, washing, waxing, cleaning and massaging your new toy.......How does it look underneath? Did you add the neked chica mud flaps to impress yer wife? Fuzzy dice? How does it look under the hood after a little run from Big Sky Country to Potato Land?

9. Junior M

Junior M LawnSite Fanatic

well lets see some pics of it all cleaned up and shined up! with all your added potato land accessories!

10. RockSet N' Grade

Ksss, have you fixed your camera yet? Still waiting on pics of that bull-dog.......