Thoughts on this NPR?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by grassmasterswilson, Apr 7, 2013.

1. grassmasterswilson

grassmasterswilson LawnSite Platinum Member
    from nc

2. ReddensLawnCare

ReddensLawnCare LawnSite Bronze Member

I think you will prefer the closed if you are mostly maintenance. For install or serious landscape work/ management i would go for the enclosed. Also, thanks for the referral. I'm sorry it didn't work out
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. precision8m

precision8m LawnSite Senior Member

To be able to leave your equipment on the truck is really convenient. Anti theft too. If you need flexibility for landscape projects, have your truck and open trailer do the work. Only downside to the enclosed is the high miles.

4. Eric's Lawnservice

Eric's Lawnservice LawnSite Member

That is alot of miles, the us lawns truck has been on there since January. I saw it before i bought mine. You will love the box for maintenance route. Keep looking you can find a better deal out there. I drove to Wilmington N.C. To get mine and saved about half of the average price for comparable trucks.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. grassmasterswilson

from nc

Thanks Eric. Yeah the miles worry me. I'm just having a hard time finding them online anywhere.

6. grassmasterswilson

from nc

7. Chris_NC06

Chris_NC06 LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Sanford, NC

That F-550 is pretty sweet. Price seems a little high though. It's been on CTT for a little while, so you might be able to get him down on the price.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. windflower

windflower LawnSite Bronze Member

They both look nice in the pictures. Prices are high, imo, considering the mileage. I found mine thru http://www.truckpaper.com/
    $16000 with 68000 miles, diesel. At this site you can select just the options you want and it searches listings for you.

9. Eric's Lawnservice

Eric's Lawnservice LawnSite Member

100k miles for a diesel is just getting broke in good. Just make sure it was maintained on a regular basis. I would say a good price is one you are comfortable paying. IMO I didn't want to sink alot into a truck that was already used as a commercial vehicle. I searched CL from Maryland to N. Florida to middle Tenn. for about 4 months non-stop. But it payed off. The great deals don't last long, as soon as they are posted someone is looking for it. It is as much luck as anything to find a good deal on CL, but then you have to call right away or it's gone:walking:

10. grassmasterswilson

from nc

Man these things are hard to find. It seems they are in limited supply or either overpriced new.

Must be worth it since no one wants to give one up!! Seems if you were in the marketing dept of these truck companies you would be trying to crank up production.