1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Thoughts on two blades per spindle?

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by south jerz, Apr 11, 2006.

1. south jerz

south jerz LawnSite Member

I recently ordered a TTHP 36" with a mulch kit. I'm picking it up Friday. I called my dealer and asked if he could put on two blades per spindle in a +(plus sign) configuration. He said he couldn't do it because of safety regulations, and he said it's bad for the bearings. I realize that an Exmark dealer probably can't endorse this method because of warranty issues, etc. But is this method OK to use on these mowers? Will it reduce the life of the mower/engine significantly? Thanks
  2. maelawncare

maelawncare LawnSite Senior Member

i did it on my TT 60" and the center blades pop off during operation. Had the bolts real tight and everything, and it still came off.

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

NO NO people do this but not for me.
  4. exmark1

exmark1 LawnSite Member

I think you would have to be nuts! I would overstess the spindles, engine, etc... They are designed to only run one blade, by adding another one it throws the balance and everything off which will cause problems! Not to mention if the dealer ever found out the warranty would be gone