Thoughts/opinions on 06' Tak TL150qw

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by KrayzKajun, Oct 23, 2012.

1. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

Looking to upgrade to a tracked machine and a larger machine. Will be used for landscape/tree work and for the new company moving pallets of sandbags etc... Found this 06' Tak tl150, 1800hrs, looks to be in good condition. I really like the Tak machines. What specifics should i look at? Are the hours too much? They are asking $17k [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. KrayzKajun

guess thts wht i get for posting a thread from my phone extra letters in the title . lol

3. Hollowellreid

Hollowellreid LawnSite Senior Member

Your idea of 'looks to be in good condition' must differ considerably from mine. looks like this machine has had a hard life..

That being said I wouldn't hesitate to buy a used TK machine even if it needs some work. They are simple, not a lot to break. Seems like an OK price but maybe high still all things considered. That does not look like a machine that was well taken care of.

4. AWJ Services

AWJ Services LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Ga

My best advice would be too get a cab machine. The 150 is a beast but the 140 is a better choice for a dual purpose machine. As Hollowreid indicated this machine has been abused. Scratches and faded is not a big deal but why would you tie wrap the instrument panel back together? Wonder what else is tie wrapped.

You can fine a good machine for 25 to 30k with a cab and well taken care of.

5. excav8ter

excav8ter LawnSite Member

Looks like a LARGE oil spot under the machine....it looks like a small trail of of oil coming from the right side of the picture then it turns toward the machine. If you look close, you can see where the right track skidded when the turned around. That kinda tells me its got some issues. Just my thoughts.....

6. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

Possibly a punctured oil cooler judging by the looks of the engine door.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. excav8ter

excav8ter LawnSite Member

How did I miss that...... :)
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. KrayzKajun

Good catch fellas. I didnt notice the rear door either. Im not even going to waste my time to chek it out.
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. Dirtman2007

Dirtman2007 LawnSite Platinum Member

I bet its just water trapped inside the belly pans from the wash it just got before the pics or rain. Mine traps in it there and wont dump out till you load it on the trailer.

Machine looks like its been worked well and used hard but still if the price is right it will make you money.

lots of dents and ding and a busted back glass but it looks like it has new tracks and UC.

I bet 15K cash would get it

10. KrayzKajun

Chris, what type of lift capacity could i expect from the tl150? Thanks for the info.
    Posted via Mobile Device