Thoughts/opinions on this 93' International Dump

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by KrayzKajun, May 9, 2013.

1. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

got a lil more info on the truck 150k miles. 6 speed tranny, new clutch and batteries. air brakes.

2. knox gsl

knox gsl LawnSite Platinum Member

That would be a great truck if you moved the bed forward and dropped the flat portion. Adding a hitch would be easy then. I think with hauling sand and landscape supplies that it would be plenty of tuck. Its not like you would use it to deliver 100tons of sandbags. Pros- under CDL, easy to maintain and cheap to buy. Cons- older, needs some bed refitting, but still $5K is a deal. It would easily move any of your equipment.

3. KrayzKajun

Would it be very difficult to remove the flat deck and move the dump bed forward?
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. knox gsl

Shouldn't be any thing an average welding shop couldn't handle. Maybe even your neighboring trailer shop.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. knox gsl

You could then add a plate to the back of the frame. I would set it up for a pintle hitch and 2" receiver then wire in a 7, 4 and 6 way plug.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. whiffyspark

whiffyspark LawnSite Fanatic

It would be awesome to put a dingo in the stationary portion
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

I would take it to a good welding and fab shop, and get an estimate for the modifications you want to make on the dump bed. do this before you buy the truck. I would bet you could easily spend $2000 on changing up the dump arraingement.
    Great engine though, one of the best ever.

8. KrayzKajun

Me & my brother went and checked out the truck. If we decide to purchase the truck, we want to keep the flat deck infront the dump body. Thoughts are to shorten the dump by 2ft so the hitch below becomes accessible. Will make a great landscaping/tree work truck & useful for the sandbag company , towing equipment.
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. deerewashed

deerewashed LawnSite Senior Member

leaving the 2' up front might also allow for a grapple, would be a lot of work, but if you fould a used grapple somewhere, could be of service. I might send you a PM as i am curious about something i feel is not to be discussed in public.