1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Thoughts?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Idealtim, Jul 2, 2006.

1. Idealtim

Idealtim LawnSite Senior Member

Has anybody used one yet? I know what your thinking, residential crud, but i'll only be using it no more than 5 hrs a week and I dont feel like using the wb 48 anymore on the small yards. I cant justify buying a exmark for $5,000 when this one is only $3000. I know it wont last as long but thats okay for the little use. I also know a cub cadet retailer so parts won't be that bad to get either.

http://www.cubcadet.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_10051_14101_10231_33817_-1

2. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

5 hrs. a week is a lot of hrs for THAT residential quality mower. Although I don't own one I do know a guy that used 1 or I should say 2 in 1 season mowing 3-1/2 acres private residences. 2 mowers = 6k and the second one will not make it through a second season. He just bought a used Scag so he won't be paying out his rear each yr.

3. Nosmo

Nosmo LawnSite Bronze Member

That one is the bottom of the line in Cadet's ZTR's. Next in line are the Z Force models -- which are the best of the residential mowers. They do make one Z Force with a welded deck in a 48" model.

If you get enough replies in this thread you'll probably hear more recommendations about getting some type of commercial mower.

Nosmo

4. Idealtim

Idealtim LawnSite Senior Member

If I wanted a commercial mower I would buy a phazer, but I don't use it enough to justify getting one. I guess this thing is just to light duty?

5. Willofalltrades

Willofalltrades LawnSite Bronze Member

I think you will be waisting your money with that purchase. Its well worth it to purchase the phazer, or look into the Z force like nosmo said. Also I like the Walker MB.

6. Willofalltrades

Willofalltrades LawnSite Bronze Member