1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Thougths on Hustler Fast track Super Duty

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Jason Creel, Feb 3, 2008.

1. Jason Creel

Jason Creel LawnSite Member

I looking at getting a Hustler Fast track super duty with a 23 HP Kawi and 48" deck. Will this mower be good enough for everyday commercial use? The website has it listed under the residential section. What are your thoughts? thanks
  2. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

It is the absolute toughest residential z mower. I think it would be fine for a secondary mower or someone just starting out and price point is a concern. I guess it depends on how many acconts you have. The mower has a 2 year or 800 hour (whichever comes first) commercial warranty.
  3. BanvilleLawnCare

BanvilleLawnCare LawnSite Member

I have a hustler mini-z which is labeled a commercial model. The next model year Hustler did not change a thing on the mower but renamed it the fastrack super duty and said it was a residential mower. So I guess it is either a medium/ light duty commercial mower or an unbeatable homeowner model.
  4. THEoneandonlyLawnRanger

THEoneandonlyLawnRanger LawnSite Senior Member

Looks like a nice mower......Any idea how much a 48" costs?
  5. Jason Creel

Jason Creel LawnSite Member

I can get the 48" for $5500
  6. Ooomwizard

Ooomwizard LawnSite Senior Member
    from atlanta

Been looking and there are very MINOR differences in the fastrack and Z models.

I'd call them both commercial models in my book.

For the money I'm getting a Fastrack 25HP Kawa/54" deck which is the same price as the Mini Z 19HP Kawa/48" deck. Either for $5700.

Like I said I looked them over very hard and the construction, utility, maintenance access, spindles, features were nearly identical. I will upgrade to a mulcher, flex front wheels, and striping kits tho.

Mark in ATL

TOOLSHACK LawnSite Member

WOAH!!! You need to take a MUCH closer look at those mowers. There are some major differences in them. If you'd like them listed out, in detail, I'd be happy to do so.

A Fastrak Super Duty 23hp Kaw/48" should run you between $5500 - $5800 as long as your dealer is participating in Hustler's Spring Promo Pricing.