thp2510 hose options?

Discussion in 'Tanaka' started by WREBELMACHINE, Nov 14, 2007.

1. WREBELMACHINE

WREBELMACHINE LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a couple of 2510's today I had an employee that ran over the hose on one of them destroyed it. I had an old redmax hose off of a junk blower and put on it. To my suprise it outblows the other badly now is there an option available?

2. Tanaka

Tanaka Inactive

Hi,
    There are no optional tubes available.

-MW

3. WREBELMACHINE

Would the end of one of your backpacks work? like off of the 7600?

4. pugs

pugs LawnSite Gold Member

Be careful restricting the outlet. The further you restrict the outlet the faster the engine will run...

5. WREBELMACHINE

You are correct on the hose pugs. But what I did was took the end of a redmax which is round and replaced the flat end and the first pipe with the redmax end it just blows so much better. I cannot tell that there is any restriction compared to the original just better cfm.

6. pugs

pugs LawnSite Gold Member

As long as its not running faster it should be fine. I doubt you have any more or less CFM. The shape has alot to do with it.

Alot of people like the flat shape for getting near mulch so that you dont blow the mulch all over but can move leaves or other stuff near it without disrupting it.

And then I have alot of customers that take off the nose piece and run 1 or 2 pipes instead of 2 pipes and the nose. Or they will take out 1 pipe and run it 1 pipe and then the nose...

They are very long with the 2 pipes and nose installed. Longer than alot of other blower tubes are I think from the factory.