Thread after Thread-1980's Technology

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Flex-Deck, Feb 25, 2005.

1. Flex-Deck

Flex-Deck LawnSite Silver Member

Seems that every thread deals with "which ZTR - WB - Brand"
    All these setups have been around for 25-30 years. When do we go to the next level of mowing efficiency?

2. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

When we stop buying these setups.

Only then will the MFG's get off their haunches and produce something really new.

3. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

Brad,

What on earth are you talking about?

J/K

4. Flex-Deck

Flex-Deck LawnSite Silver Member

Thanks guys - You know damn well what I am talking about. LOL - I just love reading about those that are standing still, and blaming eveyone and everything else.

5. green with envy

green with envy LawnSite Member

Huh ????? :dizzy:

6. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

I was at a seminar last week at my dealer. He was telling that how just a few years ago alot of Z mowers were averaging 2-3 gallons of fuel an hour. And now most Z mowers are consuming 1 gallon to 1.5 an hour. I cant rememeber what size engine he said it was, I think it is a 25 hp kohler is the one he was refering to. Most of the new inovations to the mowers are in the fuel consuption rates with fuel injection and the newer carb engines are getting the economy that the fuel injection was just a few years ago.
    Also alot of new technology in the 4 stroke trimmer engines and improved fuel economy. It would be nice to see machines get a new face lift, not just in the economy range

7. LawnsRUsInc.

LawnsRUsInc. LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

I dont mean to bust your intensions of this thread, but we have full susp. mowers that has not been around for 25-30 or even 10 years.

Jason

8. sawman65

sawman65 LawnSite Senior Member

things like E.F.I. zero maintenance spindles.shocks,the speed and productivity
    those things were not around that long ago. whats your angle?

9. Carolina Cutter

Carolina Cutter LawnSite Senior Member

I think a better question would be....when are people gonna do some reasearch for themselves on these things and learn where the search button is?

I apologize before I get rammed on that one.....but the past few days that has been what most of the threads have been......the same topics about "tell me which mower I should buy" and nobody can answer that question but themselves and it seems as though these threads get beat to death.

10. Carolina Cutter

Carolina Cutter LawnSite Senior Member

I guess the manufaturers are looking at it from the "if it ain't broke don't fix it" point of view.........