1. GeoffDiamond

GeoffDiamond LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

Well a thread was deleted, however It doesn't supprise me.

Only aren't we all just trying to accomplish the same thing?

Don't we all just want to earn a income to take care of our families?

Aren't our families more important then who's company is better and who uses the best edges, salt, plows, or trucks?

After all guys its the X-Mas time.

Geoff

2. MJ

MJ LawnSite Senior Member

I just went to reply to SnoMan and got "kicked out". Was that the deleted thread? I was wondering if he was for real or were we all the victims of a hoax?

Mick

3. mowing king

mowing king LawnSite Member
    from ct

you are so right, happy holidays. I am just glad to have you guys to share with.

4. diggerman

diggerman LawnSite Senior Member
    from Iowa

Constructive critsism can sometimes be hard,but usually is recognizeable by the fact there is some form of logical argument from the opposite side.Malice is just boring and takes such little effort from a small mind that it serves absolutely no purpose.So i am glad to see the post go because it served no purpose.Chuck's validity as a contributor to this forum comes through the information he has presented over time here,not through the rest of us trying to convince a nonparticipent through our experiences of his knowlage and value.Some how the quote at the end of my post seems appropriate,at least I recognized it as crap.

Chuck I hope you are enjoying all these little golf claps.

5. SlimJim Z71

SlimJim Z71 LawnSite Senior Member

Sorry guys. I think my last post to that topic got a little heated. I apologise, I just got a little wound up hearing a certain someone ripping on Chuck's work. After all, he is the man that brought us this site, and a lot of GOOD information.

Chuck... Thanks!

Everyone else... Sorry. Won't let it happen again.

-Tim

6. John DiMartino

John DiMartino LawnSite Silver Member

Tim it was the swear word that was the straw that broke the camels back,it wasnt said by you.I got a little ticked too,but no harm done.I am surprised it didnt get axed sooner since we all knew where it was going.

7. SlimJim Z71

SlimJim Z71 LawnSite Senior Member

I must've missed that post. I had to go out and do some shopping.

8. plowking35

plowking35 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from S.E. CT

Hey the good news in all this, was that I wasnt the one who deleted it.I was actually enjoying the comradarie of all the regulars, sticking up for a valued member.
    Dino

9. John Allin

John Allin LawnSite Bronze Member

It would have be one very large thread had it been allowed to continue.

It's one of the few times that I wholeheartedly agreed with pulling a thread. It served no purpose, however, I strongly believe that Dino is correct in that the rally around Chuck was good to see and deservedly so.

I believe that the thread would have eventually deteriorated to name calling and considerable emotional outbursts would have been forthcoming - all towards a topic that didn't really belong here.

Too many good things go on here to allow one party to ruin it. Whoever decided that 'enough was enough' - nice job.

10. BRL

BRL LawnSite Bronze Member

Aw Dino, you had your chance to be the hero and ya held back ;) ! Personal attacks are definitely not necessary, Geoff & Digger summed it all up pretty good. Lets keep the learning & sharing going good.