Thread disappeared

Discussion in 'Questions, Rules, Suggestions' started by horn1004, May 26, 2005.

1. horn1004

horn1004 LawnSite Member

I know this is probably not the right forum but I need some help. I had a thread in the commercial section with pics on the new 997. I responded to it this morning and I went to look at it and it's gone. I've searched for it and can't find it at all. Anybody know what happened?

2. partstree

partstree Sponsor

this happened to one of the threads in our sponsor forum too... interesting

3. horn1004

horn1004 LawnSite Member

4. SproulsLawnCare

SproulsLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member
    from IN

Same problem here. I have had this happen several time recently!

5. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

Horn1004,
    You are a dealer right? We'd love to have John Deere as a sponsor, whatcha say? We have paying sponsors here, only fair that if you want to advertise, promote or hype a product that you are associated with you follow the same guidelines as the other paying sponsors.
    We'd love to have John Deere aboard.
    Thanks,

6. Sean Adams

Sean Adams LawnSite Gold Member

As always....Jodi is correct. She is on the ball!

I posted somewhere else about John Deere being a sponsor. We'd love to have them...they made it clear they wanted to be a part of the site too but wanted to be able to participate at the highest level and they were not prepared to do so at the time.

That being the case, it is still against the rules for dealers and mfgs to post on the site if they are not sponsors.

And to anyone else who had a post or thread "mysteriously disappear" you have to realize how many people use this site. For example, you might post something at 1 in the afternoon, and come back tot he site at 7 that evening and see a thread removed. In those 6 hours 20,30, or even 40 people may have chimed in and 400 people read the thread. The mods do their best to keep things flowing, within the boundaries of the rules, etc... but sometimes threads are too difficult to clean up after 10 people in a row start bickering or arguing or changing the topic of the thread altogether. In that case, the thread is removed.

Therefore, do not feel the mods are secretly out to get you, watching your every post hoping for a chance to pounce and remove your opinion.

7. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

Sean,

I'm kinda bummed that you removed that post but I understand why. I just wanted to save the picture of that bumper he built for that 997.

Maybe if all 29,500 or so members would e-mail John Deere, they would come to sponsor Lawnsite. :blob3: Who should we send the e-mails to, who have you talked to at John Deere?? let us have their e-mail address.

8. horn1004

horn1004 LawnSite Member

Oops, my bad but I do understand. It does strike me as odd about Deere. You would figure that with all the people that work for them that somebody could spend a couple hours a day reading the board and answering questions. I'd even do it if I could. Well, I'll ask, if people have questions about Deere products, would it be OK if I helped them out? I'd love to help out in anyway I can. As far as being a sponsor, can dealers be sponsors? I'm sure I could work something out with our management.

DLCS,

As far as the pics of the 997, I hadn't seen any pics of it on here so I just wanted to post some so people could see them. That bumper was actually built by the city who bought the mowers. If you or anybody would like the pics I can email them to you. Just let me know.

9. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

Thanks, for posting those pics. I did have Jody e-mail the pics you posted in that thread. I thought the bumper was a good idea, may need that idea later. :)

I would be glad to see even a JD dealer sponsor this site, so we can get more support. Who knows, maybe Deere will eventually sponsor.

10. pagefault

pagefault LawnSite Senior Member

I understand all of this, but could the moderator leave a note behind when posts or threads are deleted? It would clear up a lot of confusion.