Thread Email Notification???

Discussion in 'Questions, Rules, Suggestions' started by PurpHaze, Mar 28, 2006.

1. PurpHaze

PurpHaze LawnSite Fanatic

Maybe this is in another thread but I can't find it. Ever since the move to the new server last Sunday email notification of thread updates has stopped. What am I missing?

2. PurpHaze

Never mind. Somehow my web based email is picking off LawnSite as spam bulk mail and not forwarding it to Outlook. This started Sunday so it's just a glitch on my end. I'll look into it.

3. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

Yes it was happening to me too. I use yahoo mail, I had to add the lawnsite addy to my address book, and that solved the problem. All lawnsite mail is once again being delivered to my inbox.

4. PurpHaze

I made a new filter last night and it's still not forwarding. I tweaked the filter a little bit this morning so I'll see what happens. Maybe I'll add the address also to my addy list. Thanks for the insights.

5. jpp

jpp LawnSite Silver Member

Hey Jodi,

I did what you suggested and I am not get the notices either. I am using aol for e-mail. I think it is time to get rid of aol. Was thinking of switching to roadrunner anyway. Any suggestions in the meantime. I checked the spam folder and nothing in there. Can you tell what all the addy for e-mail notification so I can make sure I have the right one. lawnsite@comcast.net is this it?

JP

6. PurpHaze

JP,

I finally got mine fixed. I had to tweak a filter twice to get the emails forwarded from my SBC-Yahoo bulk folder into my Inbox so they would go on to Outlook. However, at least I was getting the email notices unlike what you're running into.

7. jpp

I did not even receive any notice for this too.

JP

8. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

Hi JP,
    I'm not really familiar with aol mail, I'm not sure how you will need to set up your filter. I'm just wondering if anyone else that has aol, is having a problem getting their notices to.
    In the meantime, I'll try and see if Pierre can help you. Sorry.

9. dcondon

dcondon LawnSite Silver Member

I have DSL and it does the same thing with me:confused:

10. jpp

Thank you. I will check the filter on my end too. I know it is aol causing me grief one more time. I think it is time for a change.

JP