Thread request .....

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Administrator, Feb 20, 2002.

1. Administrator

Administrator Administrator

To: <support@lawnsite.com>

Please Post a Thread for me.

I would like "hands on" suggestions on the Easiest, Fastest way to pick up Walnuts off of a Lawn. The old Rake and Shovel method won't work any more.

Thank You!
    Dave

2. jeffex

jeffex LawnSite Bronze Member

I have hickory nuts in my backyard and my br400 sthil will blow them into the mulch beds.

3. GroundKprs

GroundKprs LawnSite Bronze Member

If the turf is healthy, the quickest way to clean it is with a <a href="http://www.shindaiwa.com/products/power_brooms/broom.html">Shindaiwa Power Broom</a>. Other manufacturers also make a similar tool. You can sweep sand, gravel, pine needles, wood chips, and any other foreign matter from a lawn without damage to the grass. Power broom will be 3 to 6 times faster than a blower in moving nuts.

In snow belt areas, it is also handy for sweeping slush off of walks. Think price is in $600 range, but when you need this type of tool, it's worth its weight in gold. Usually, every hour I use mine saves me three hours of tedium and backache. If just a one time use, definitely go to a rental agency.

4. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

well in the old days ,the kids considered them prime amunition ,
    for our little wars. hurt like heck when they pop u on the head.
    dont know if any boys left like that . but they would get rid ofum for u ,if they was.:) later now

5. 1grnlwn

1grnlwn LawnSite Bronze Member

Try a nut harvester. found this site: