three wheel scag

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by youngbuck, Jun 4, 2005.

1. youngbuck

youngbuck LawnSite Member

is there any wat to bolt a piece of rubber or something to the back of a three wheel scag i have trouble trying to keep that thing perfectly straight unlike my 48 scag with a sulky such a cleaner cut and so much easer to keep nice straight lines that look good any suggestions.
  2. Jay Ray

Jay Ray LawnSite Fanatic

I've never owned or drove one, but they have a rep as a very good machine. If you can get your hands on a manual it might have something about an adjustment. Does the wire rope steering cable wear out or have to have the slack taken up? Also, if it is bushed like a caster yoke, there might be a lot of play there and need new bushings, maybe a yoke too. Hope that somebody who has solved the problem before will respond.
  3. youngbuck

youngbuck LawnSite Member

ya thanks for the advise there is a little play in the steering my ucle said those cabels break all the time
  4. grbillings

grbillings LawnSite Member

Also you may already know this but if one of your drive tires is under inflated it will not drive straight...
  5. LouisianaLawnboy

LouisianaLawnboy LawnSite Silver Member

Very true.
  6. SangerLawn

SangerLawn LawnSite Senior Member
    from indiana

I also found it is a bad idea to allow your guys to drink before driving the machinery…this normally results in some strange looking stripes..:drinkup:

Ok, sorry but I couldn’t resist this lol