1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Threeway in GA

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by smcguirt, May 10, 2004.

1. smcguirt

smcguirt LawnSite Member

I am new to using threeway and I want to kill some weeds in bermuda, what is the best mixture for the hot temps here in GA. It is around 80-85 right now and will be much hotter soon. I have heard that hotter temps means less threeway per gallon, I have a solo 425 backpack sprayer if that matters. Also does threeway work well like a round up on weeds in beds if I mix stronger? Or is there something better to use for beds or brush. I have just recently got my applicator license and trying to find out the best chemicals to use so any help will be greatly appreciated.

2. LawnJohn

LawnJohn LawnSite Member
    from Atlanta

I would go half rate with the warmer weather approaching.. Now you should be ok at full rate since rain is expected everday this week.. Use sticker though.

As for beds, stick with roundup for immediate results.

As for warmer weather, I recommend Momentum, Trimec Southern, etc.. Check with the guys at Lesco.

I wish you the best!!
  3. Fvstringpicker

Fvstringpicker LawnSite Fanatic

My advice is stay away from flowers and ornimentals with 3-way, especially in hot weather. The 2-4d is highly volatile and the vapors will damage non target plants
  4. CSRA Landscaping

CSRA Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

A real good way is to read the label ...
  5. ChickensDoo

ChickensDoo LawnSite Member

Geez, i kept reading and reading, and realized you were discussing herbicide.
    the thread lead line showed promise.:blush:
  6. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Your in the wrong forum if your looking for two slices of Bread.:D
  7. smcguirt

smcguirt LawnSite Member

Hey chickendoo!

I was trying to attract all the attention I could, sorry it wasn't more. That was pretty funny!!

8. ChickensDoo

ChickensDoo LawnSite Member

Ric, I should be looking into the orgasm forum? what the heck got a good laugh.

3 way herbicide is generic. But since your clearly a Lesco Buyer look in to momentum. you will pay more but get broader spectrum control.
    Much better suited for backpack than 3-way.:eek: