Throttle Cable Problem

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by lawnspecialties, Jun 27, 2006.

1. lawnspecialties

lawnspecialties LawnSite Silver Member

I have a 2005 SuperZ with the 26 hp liquid-cooled Kawasaki. It's coming up on 400 hrs. soon and has been flawless except for one thing. A few months after I got it, my dealer replaced the throttle cable. It worked fine when increasing rpm's, but almost seemed to be "hanging up" when decreasing. You could pull it back half way with no drop in rpm's, and then it would finally "catch" and almost drop to idle speed. No big deal, but annoying when you wanted to drop engine speed but not all the way to idle.

The new cable fixed the problem until recently. Now it does the same thing and the other day, I pulled the throttle back all the way and it did nothing! I bumped it a couple of times with my hand and then it dropped down all the way to idle speed. That's only happened once, though.

Any ideas? Right now it's just annoying and only costing me downtime to have it repaired if I can ever spare the time. When it starts actually costing me cash, it'll start becoming a whole lot more annoying.:dizzy:

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

You need to get it back to the dealer and let him look at it, install a new cable if needed and double check the routing to make sure its ok.

Pj