Throttle Control on Lazer Z 27 L/C

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by roscioli, May 3, 2002.

1. roscioli

roscioli LawnSite Senior Member

Just got my new baby... A Lazer with the 27 L/C. Its a Leftover, and I just mowed my own lawn with it, but cant keep the throttle control on full. When I put it in full, the spring (or whatever) pulls it right back down to about 1/2) Am I missing something in the Owner's Manual? I need to mow tomorrow with it! Thanks, Michael

2. Jay ALC

Jay ALC LawnSite Member

I had the same problem with mine when I got it. Simply take all the bolts off that hold the front control panel area on and when you get in behind it tighten the bolt on the throttle control arm to where it will "stay put". So far so good on mine, seems to bw holding.

3. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Michael,

Congratulations, youÂ’re going to really enjoy this machine.

Generally when we hear about a throttle cable "backing off" it's on older units and there is a nut/bolt on the throttle cable bracket that needs to be tightened. However I don't recall hearing this on a new unit. My recommendation would be to get it to your dealer and have it looked at. Tightening the nut/bolt is a little difficult to get at because of its location.

Realistically I would take it in. This is a new machine, it's not supposed to do this. Let us and your dealer make it right.

Thanks and I apologize for the inconvenience.

Terry

4. wildbilly1113

wildbilly1113 LawnSite Member

roscioli, I had the same problem with my new lc27 lazer! Only took a couple minutes to reach behind control panel with two wrenches and tighten throttle!Love my Exmark!

5. roscioli

roscioli LawnSite Senior Member

Hi Terry- Thanks for the input. I will be getting it back to the dealer as soon as I can live without it... hopefully next week! Thanks, Michael