1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

throttle control on left or on tube?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Gallucci, May 14, 2008.

1. Gallucci

Gallucci LawnSite Member
    from PA

I am going to get a new redmax blower and am trying to decide throttle on the left or on the tube. The dealer (who also mows) is recommending on the left because they break off on the tube when being transported. Tube seems like better control but I am concerned but are they weak and break?
  2. lawnwizards

lawnwizards LawnSite Silver Member

personally i like mine on the tube. that way you can use your left hand to pick up sticks and such.
  3. magbarn

magbarn LawnSite Member

I definately prefer tube mounted as it frees up my L hand. You don't have to worry about breakage if you get a proper bp blower mounting bracket
  4. JTF40

JTF40 LawnSite Senior Member

Your dealer is wrong. Take care of your equipment and your equipment WILL take care of you in return. :usflag:
  5. wheels910

wheels910 LawnSite Member

does your dealer have both in stock, or just the left throttle?

just curious
  6. Lazer_Z

Lazer_Z LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

Go tube mount, you'll love it. I have a Stihl BR600 and after using an Echo PB650 with a hip mount I didn't think I'd like the tube mount, but I love it and would never go back to hip mount.

J.A.G LAWNCARE LawnSite Senior Member

tube mount the only way 2 go make them order it that way....................................
  8. M & MD Lawn

M & MD Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

Tube is so much easier to me, I think you would dislike it after while
  9. Troyer

Troyer LawnSite Member
    from CT

I own two Red Max Blowers. Both on tube.
  10. SnapperfanRedmaxman

SnapperfanRedmaxman LawnSite Member

I have a 7001 with left throttle and a 8000 with tube throttle. I prefer the left throttle because you can set the speed (WOT) and blow, the tube throttle is a trigger and the lock will not keep it a wide open throttle (WOT). Tube throttle has control cable that runs along tube to trigger. Just my .02 cents.