Throw Line Technique(s)

Discussion in 'Tree Climbing, Pruning, Felling' started by Guest, Dec 12, 2008.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

installing a friction reducer with a throw-line from the ground can be made more simple with a rig like this. i made this at least 8 yrs ago:laugh:

2. Guest

Guest Guest

G.F. Bernak has some the best records of bigtree story's i have ever read threw:clapping: i just love his stuff!!

3. Guest

Guest Guest

How long has the second edition been out?

I have the first, and it is full of great information. Weather you are new or old a great bit of information and a fun read.

I liked. G.F. Bernak Book - Fundamentals to General Tree Work another great book.

Are you looking for something like this,

http://www.wesspur.com/Friction-Savers/friction-saver.html

I think on Buckingham website they show how to install them from a throwline. I know if you buy the friction saver they come with directions but it will be in the tree climbers companion.

Mike

4. Guest

Guest Guest

I think I will have to agree, I like mine.

Mike

5. Guest

Guest Guest

Do you install it the same way any other yellow friction hitch would be?

Did you splice the metal ring in your self?

How long is it? What rope did you use?

Sorry for all the questions just looks like a possible better easier way to get a friction saver in the tree I am interested.

Mike

6. Guest

Guest Guest

I have to def. agree it is not worth losing your life.

Just wondering about your story, which I would like to say I am glad to hear all parties were ok. Was it a triple locking snap, or a screw locking snap, or neither.

I have a normal friction saver and it works well, I know they have some nice Adrt, or something along those lines but just darn right pricey.

Mike

7. Guest

Guest Guest

That is a scary to hear, I guess there is always that one freak expection, like I said earlier glad to hear no one was hurt. I really would have thought a tripple locking would damn near be impossible to get open.

Glad to here about the ART, I have only seen them in the catalogs, they are expensive. Maybe some day I will see one in person or get to use one and then purchase one.

8. Guest

Guest Guest

Thank you for the recommendation.

Ya, would definetly want to see it in person or at least a video showing how it works.

How long is the shorter one?

Mike

9. Guest

Guest Guest

Thank you.

Will be excited to see those pics.
    Thanks in advance.

Have a good vacation.

Mike

10. Guest

Guest Guest

Um...depends how high...most times I use the big shot.

Great Tool and a Great Investment and Great Invention.

Do you use any other tool for getting a line up in the tree