THT2000 blunt blades.

Discussion in 'Tanaka' started by tlclismore, Dec 17, 2005.

1. 2 weeks ago I purchased a Tanaka THT 2000 Hedge trimmer. I notoiced that the blades didn't seem to be sharpened properly (seemed to have burrs underneith the blades) so I mentioned this to the dealer. He assures me that they would be ok. After using it for about 5 hours on light work I inspected the blades and sure enough just about every cutting edge is rolled over and blunt. Is this natural? I took it back to the dealer and he said that he spoke to the local rep and he said that there was not much he could do. But if I had brought the next model up this would not have happened.

So $500.00 Australian is not enough to pay for Quality?? Pretty poor customer relations I think. I was going to purchase another 2 hedge trimmers but I think Tanaka might be off my shopping list from now on.
    Any one else had this problem?

2. Tanaka

Tanaka Inactive

Sorry to hear about your experience. Can you send us a digital picture of the blades?

We do not cover your market, just North America. However, I will pass this on to our export manager in Japan.

-MW
    Tanaka America, Inc.

3. Thanks for replying Mark.

I only wish the Australian reps were as efficient as you guy's. Maybe they dont realise that they have missed out on purchases of equipment up to $20,000 because of this.

What is your email address so that I can send you a picture of the blades?

Regards,
    Ross Pearce
    Total Lawn Care & Yard Maintenance
    Australia

4. Tanaka

Tanaka Inactive

5. Tanaka

Tanaka Inactive

Hi,
    Pls. email me the serial number and where you purchased the unit. Thanks.

-MW

6. Thanks Mark,
    I havn't taken the pictures yet but I'll get to it as soon as I get some time.
    I'll send you the details ASAP
    Regards,
    Ross
    Australia

7. Tanaka

Tanaka Inactive

Thanks for all the details - very thorough. I have forwarded the info on to our Technical Service Manager as well as our Export Manager in Japan.

-MW

8. No problem, I hope it helps, I just hope it was a one off thing and I can get the dam things sharp or some decent suggestions so that it doesn't look like rats have been chewing on the bushes.
    Regards, Ross

9. Hi Mark,
    I have recieved another set of blades for my hedge trimmer.
    First set they sent were no better than the original blades so we sent them back. The local dealer talked to the rep and he hand picked a set for me. They were a bit better but I think that Tanaka needs to have a look at their Quality control, The blades still had a bad finish on them (rolled edge on the cutting edge) We filed the edge off the teeth and made it smooth, I have been using them about 2 weeks now and they are as sharp as the day we fitted them. Hope this helps with QC proceedures.

P.S. They wern't happy that I contacted you . But at the time they were not going to do anything about the problem.

Ross
    Australia

10. Tanaka

Tanaka Inactive

Hi,
    I have passed on the latest info to our export dept. They will follow up.

BTW - Are you referring to the round "ball" on the sides? Because, if so, those are a safety feature, not a QC issue.

-MW