Thumbs up for Gravely

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by j_loppy, Apr 2, 2005.

1. j_loppy

j_loppy LawnSite Member

I took my pro steer walk behind to the dealer last week to have them look at the steering controls. I also took some info I printed off of this site regarding the problems some of ya'll had with them. The dealer gladly accepted the threads I had printed and contacted Gravely to see what the problem was with my mower.

I went by the dealership today and the guy said there was a recall on the belt pulleys, etc. and is also going to fix some recalls on operator presence controls, too. Man, I am so happy that my mower is going to be so much easier to use.

So I must say "thanks" to all here that have posted their problems with their mowers. You all were a tremendous help. Thanks again,

j_loppy

2. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

Glad to hear you are getting that belt problem resolved. You will notice a big difference when you get the machine back.

3. ensor

ensor LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

Can you give more info on what belt pulleys are involved in the recall and also what is the situation with the operator presence controls? I have a Pro G with pistol grips.

Thanks

4. j_loppy

j_loppy LawnSite Member

I'll let you know more when I pick it up this weekend, but as far as the pistol grips are concerned, I don't know of any problems they have had. It may be worth asking your dealer about your specific model, though, as there are a few issues regarding the deck belt.

5. ensor

ensor LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

j loppy,

Thanks for your reply. I look forward to hearing more after you pick up your mower this weekend. What is the problem with the deck belt?

Thanks.