Thumbtack

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by JFGLN, Feb 14, 2014.

1. JohnnyRocker

JohnnyRocker LawnSite Senior Member

It is basically set up so that you have to pay to find anything out...underhandedly set up.

2. whiffyspark

whiffyspark LawnSite Fanatic

I prefer thumbtack over any other lead service. I can deal with losing $3 on a customer. That's basically gas for someone giving you a bad description over the phone.

The service magic bullshit I'll pass on. 13-25 a customer with no guarantees? No thanks
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. JohnnyRocker

Of course losing less money is the best. But, I was just telling how it runs. It's like how we all say trugreen is not a lawn care company, they are a marketing company...same with the lead companies. They market for themselves, not you. They realize that contractors in general are here today and gone tomorrow. They could care less if they lose a few contractors here and there....ten thousand start ups are born daily. I guess my inner griping stems from how little they work compared to you and I, and how much they make. In closing, yes, they are better than "service scam-magic".

4. jeeperscrow

jeeperscrow LawnSite Senior Member

yep

and NO you can't get your money back! You only get your money back if the customer doesn't read your initial quote you send them within 48 hours.

5. jeeperscrow

and to say it's better than service magic isn't exactly saying much. Had some service magic sale guy calling me about every other day it seemed last summer...was so ridiculous.

6. JohnnyRocker

My norton call-blocking feature has been well worth the price.

7. jeeperscrow

I need to figure out something...get way too many sales calls...especially when I'm advertising on Craigslist. These guys just go down CL and call all the companies listed on there. It's a free phone list for them.

8. jequigle

jequigle LawnSite Member

I have been using Thumbtack for over 2 years now I though I do not get a lot of leads, the ones I have gotten have lead to some big jobs. I find it worth it and will continue using them. I find that the customers usually go with the very first company that responds to there request. I get a text message when I have a new lead and respond withing 5 mins.

9. jeeperscrow

This has turned out to be the case for me. Haven't gotten anything worth bidding on in the past month.

10. whiffyspark

whiffyspark LawnSite Fanatic

Yep. Been shitty
    Posted via Mobile Device