Thumbtack

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by JFGLN, Feb 14, 2014.

1. Centralmichiganlawncare

Centralmichiganlawncare LawnSite Member

I have been using thumbtack for three years now. I have 4 lawns that i got my first year and all 4 still have us mow weekly. i've done almost 20 jobs 2 large sod installs off of thumbtack. I would say i've done near $25,000 on the maybe $400 i spent on sending quotes

2. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

Thumbtack rocks over AJ or SM or HA. You gotta be quick with the replys and know how to quote sight unseen. Follow up is also important. Thay also reworked it to give more info and quotes are limited to 5 now so its not so much competition.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. whiffyspark

whiffyspark LawnSite Fanatic

That would be fine if they give you the damn address when you pay lol
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

I can tell by thr zipcode the general size yards in that area. After I get the address I zillos it and can still dcline it. Clients can only rate you after you mark the ad as been hired which you don't have to do until you're ready.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. jeeperscrow

jeeperscrow LawnSite Senior Member

Guess it works fine in your area. At the moment it doesn't work at all in my area. Just don't get enough potential clients from it, and the information is vague to say the least.

6. JohnnyRocker

JohnnyRocker LawnSite Senior Member

Actually, I was rated without being hired by some idiot.

7. Grahamslawncare

Grahamslawncare LawnSite Member

I've only gotten one client so far from thumbtack. I haven't really been trying to much to push that method of getting new clients, but I start in July. Hopefully things go well and I get a good review.

8. JohnnyRocker

JohnnyRocker LawnSite Senior Member

It's just like this "industry" in general...a breeding ground for low balling, illegal, unlicensed "pros".

9. whiffyspark

whiffyspark LawnSite Fanatic

You do realize you have to submit your license right?
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. New2TheGreenIndustry

New2TheGreenIndustry LawnSite Senior Member
    from GA

I quit after I submitted several quotes and never heard back from a one. Plus they were blowing up my email inbox with something like 10 emails a day.