1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Tick Control profit center

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by humble1, Mar 17, 2008.

1. humble1

humble1 LawnSite Silver Member
    from MA

Hey guys/gals
    I am wondering how many of you can apply tick control out side of your turf license. I love tick control, just sold a $200 per application 3 applications per year and I will only be out about $25 in product. Great profit center. No one is afraid of crabgrass, but they are afraid of the debilitating effects of lyme disease, why not capitalize on it.

PSUTURFGEEK LawnSite Senior Member

Here in Pa you can apply this as a nuissance pest application with youre standard cat-7 lawn license, most guys here are applying crosscheck @ an oz/1000 flea and tick target rate. a case of four 96oz bottles is like 158.00 so yeah the profit is pretty sick.
  3. greendoctor

greendoctor LawnSite Fanatic

In Hawaii, anything outside of the structure such as lawns, beds and shrubbery where vectors like mosquitos, fleas and ticks are harbored may be treated by a T & O applicator. The stuctural license holders are limited to the outside walls of a structure and I think 1 foot out from the foundation. I make good money spraying the exterior vegetation for nuisance pests. $55 per M, per application. Usually I rotate between Sevin and Talstar. My cost is about $2 per M and I cover 1M in 10 minutes or less. The pests most clients do not want outside or migrating into their homes are centipedes, mosquitos ants, roaches, and scorpions. There have been reported cases of dengue fever here. Our health department is not doing enough to control mosquitos in residential areas. 1 oz/M of Talstar takes care of it. Most of my clients also have a PCO service their property regularly, but complain that there are still ants and roaches. I educate the client on the difference in application technique. The PCO is spraying a little band on the wall of the structure with a hand can. I go into the vegetation with up to 7 gallons per M and 350 PSI. Big difference in coverage. After such a treatment, my clients usually can go outside without needing bug spray or long sleeves, they also find out how many roaches and centipedes were in the lawn and shrubs.
  4. ant

ant LawnSite Silver Member

what size property for the $200.00 price?
  5. garydale

garydale LawnSite Senior Member

Maryland is cat. 7 also for flea & tick
  6. humble1

humble1 LawnSite Silver Member
    from MA

2 bags of talstar 0-0-7 on outside perimeter 1st treatment

second is liquid app $200

3rd treatment is talstar again 2 bags $200

the guy got lyme disease last year and has animals, so i hope he will tell all his friends about my service