Ticks

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by miltbur, Nov 1, 2007.

1. miltbur

miltbur LawnSite Member

What can I use for bad tick problem in yard thanks

2. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Milbur

You might want to ask how to use the produce as well as what to use.

Ticks like to breed on bare ground that lacks ground cover, but they will also breed in turf. Therefore granular produces should be watered in very well. Liquids should be applied at 10 gallon per thousand Sq Ft with a good wetting agent. Ticks also like to climb shrubs and trees where they can jump on a mammal for the much needed blood meal in order to breed. Liquid treatment of trees and shrubs should be applied very heavy on both the top and underside of the leaves. Life cycles run 28 days and treatments should be spaced the same. A minimum of two treatments 30 days apart should be applied and in many cases 3 or 4 treatments may be necessary.

3. miltbur

miltbur LawnSite Member

thanks 4 the info what product should i use

4. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Mitbur

DDT & Chlordane would work well. However since you posted this question on several forum you must not like the product advise you received on the other forums.

5. miltbur

miltbur LawnSite Member

no its not that i dont like the info ive got only had one response just trying to get some more input or advice thats all thank you.