ticks

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by rodney, Apr 12, 2002.

1. rodney

rodney LawnSite Member
    from sw,ohio

just found two ticks crawling up my leg . i got some tweezers and burned one and the other one fell out of the tweezers before i could burn him its some where in the carpet now.
    should i get some thing to spray on the carpet ? dam i hate bugs

2. smburgess

smburgess LawnSite Senior Member

Ah, probally a little late now, but YES...

3. MuskTurfKing

MuskTurfKing LawnSite Senior Member

ICK! I hate those damn things, creep me out, I especially hate it when they get on my dogs, I put some Frontline on em today!

Hank

4. NPC2002

NPC2002 LawnSite Member

IF we could only get some Frontline for us, I have a white lab and when we get back from the woods he looks like a dalmation!stuff works great ah. Andy

5. keifer

keifer LawnSite Senior Member

Yes spray it. I would use deamon ec or dursban but to each his own. funny story I used to take dursban and put in baby pool to dip my dog. so i told a friend and he tryed it with his cat. He said the cat jumped out turned around a couple of times and took off plus he never came back.

6. Garry

Garry LawnSite Member

Whoa................before you do something useless, read the label.

Does an insecticide designed to kill/control arthopoda (insects)...also control creatures, that are Arthopoda, BUT, are from the class Arachnids? (spiders, ticks, scorpions, mites)..............you really should check.

Here's a example:

We're having a terrible problem with hemlock wolly adelgin affecting a huge portion of our eastern hemlocks (Tusga).......................We've found injections of Merit can provide excellent control of the adelgids, however, in doing so, we find the decrease of *mite predators* seems to leave the tree wide open for the onslaught of mites..........................Have you ever seen a beige hemlock?

Please don't tell me to use a product like Talstar.

Because, unless you're willing to spray it almost constantly (mite populations can explode, beyond belief...real quick!).........you're simply part of the problem.

I personally spray a *light* hort. oil, every time I fly the flag....(Memorial day, 4th of July, Labor day)................some years, I spray more, if conditions are condusive for mites.

Sorry,.......................I'm babbling now.

Anyway,........................Why aren't the mites dying when they eat *The poison tree*?.......................................Because, they're consuming a chemical that's designed to kill arthropoda, and NOT Arthopoda of the class Arachnids..(mites)

The mites love you for it too, as you're also killing off the bugs that consider mites dinner. You've just set off a chain of events that can push the plant beyond its economic threshold.

Better living through chemistry.......................Hmmmm, read the lable first.

Keifer, I need you to do me a favor.........................Tell your dumb-ass friend, that when his boots fill with piss, to dump them out...(he sounds like he might not relize this)

Spraying a cat with a nerve and stomach poison.................Hey, it does say keep away from children, doesn't it?

That poor creature probably didn't die, but, you sick s.o.b., it most likely, got real sick. Did you ever wonder why they took it off the market?

Never have I seen *dog-dip* on the lable of Dursban............................in any consentration. Your dog might very well be your best friend...........Hey, are you his?