Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by CAPT Stream Rotar, May 17, 2012.

1. CAPT Stream Rotar

CAPT Stream Rotar LawnSite Fanatic

Back to saftey..

Had 2 dog ticks on the nape of my neck today.

Shaved off the old top again.

It feels good to get back into summer mode...
  2. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

now put a coat of turtle wax on it. :)
  3. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

I've never even seen a tick. My dogs have never had them either. But I hear this is a bad year for them out here.
  4. CAPT Stream Rotar

CAPT Stream Rotar LawnSite Fanatic

correct dana its was mild winter...
  5. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

No pics, please.
  6. agrostis

agrostis LawnSite Silver Member

Dog tick = Brown tick, The one that carry's lyme disease is the deer tick, and lyme disease is no joke. That one is much smaller than the brown tick.

You are right that this is going to be a bad year, i caught 4 brown tick's on me within 10 minute's last week. That's never happened before.
  7. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

i have working dogs and ticks are constant companions. a friend of mine grazes from the hollister hills to timberline and he says they're super thick this year. watch for deer ticks they carry lime.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  8. avernon0112

avernon0112 LawnSite Member

I was working on a valve that was stuck open 2 weeks ago. I threw my hat off in the grass and when i was finished I put it back on. A few minutes later i felt something crawling all over me. Took my hat off and there was 75+ seed ticks in my hat! I felt odd asking one of the lawn crew guys to pick them out of my head.

The same thing happened to another one of my guys last week.
  9. hunterpreferred

hunterpreferred LawnSite Member

I just fininshed a 60 day course of IV antibiotics for Lyme disease, then I get to go back for more testing in June. Ticks are no Joke, Please check your self every day. Lyme disease is not fun
  10. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

Did a 15 minute call in Harvard mass. Changed 3 spray head nozzles in the shrubs. Within an hr I pulled 12 ticks off of me.