tie down mowers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by pines, Feb 3, 2004.

1. pines

pines LawnSite Member

Guys, was wondering how you tie down your mowers in order to insure that they are "locked" in place, but also so they can be unsecured and secured in a speedy process. Any suggestions?
  2. germann

germann LawnSite Senior Member

2by4 chocks on trailer floor. Not too big of a bump, but holds the mower. They are frustrating to hit w/a shovel when mulching.
  3. pines

pines LawnSite Member

So you do not use webbing? Just blocks that I assume are secured to your wooden floor.
  4. Shadetree Ltd

Shadetree Ltd LawnSite Senior Member

5. LawnPerfect

LawnPerfect LawnSite Senior Member

Straps work for me.
  6. FFMED74

FFMED74 LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

I use 4 of the quick tight type of strap not the ratchet type. Hold them well. I place 2 on front of deck and 2 on rear.
  7. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

i put them on the trailer and close the gate.
  8. LawnMower

LawnMower LawnSite Senior Member

I do the very same thing. I have a 12 foot trailer. The walk behind and the rider are almost a perfect sandwich between the front and the tailgate.
  9. MOOSE

MOOSE LawnSite Senior Member

I use ratchet type ones sometimes and the pull type ones most of the time..

But did you know it's the law in some states that you must have them secured.
  10. MudslinginFX4

MudslinginFX4 LawnSite Bronze Member

We use the rachets on some of ours and others just a real thick rope. We carry 2 or three mowers on our trailers so they really don't have much room to move around. They arent on there long anyway before we arive at the next property.