Tie Down Your Stuff!!

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by PlatinumLandCon, May 4, 2008.

1. PlatinumLandCon

PlatinumLandCon LawnSite Bronze Member

Look at what happens when you don't tie down and aerator and a stupid woman stops quick for an amber light!! :cry::dizzy:

phone pic 005.jpg

phone pic 006.jpg
  2. TandM

TandM LawnSite Senior Member
    from south

That sucks. It happened to my friend when he was carrying a load of bricks in his 08 tundra he was going up a bridge and they slid back very violently and bent the tailgate in the exact same place on either side. Turns out it looks really cool and stylish. he took it down to the toyota dealer and they agried and will be sending a picture of it to toyota to see if they will make all of their tailgates with this cool new body line.
  3. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

I had a pallet of salt in the back of my truck and the lady in front of me slammed on her brakes hard. I hit mine and wham, the pallet slammed into the front of the box pushing the back of my cab in and shattering the back window. I was pissed, but it was my own fault should have had a strap over the pallet or broke down the pallet some so it couldn't move. Live and learn.
  4. deere615

deere615 LawnSite Fanatic

That happened to my uncles truck a long time ago when he was carrying a pallet of cement:dizzy:
  5. Raven386

Raven386 LawnSite Silver Member
    from CT

that happened to me, not as bad though. I was carrying a pallet of stone and it slid foward. It felt and sounded like it was coming straight through the cab.
  6. mike lane lawn care

mike lane lawn care LawnSite Bronze Member

i had a tractor in the bed of my truck, and the anchors broke, sending a 1,000 lbs machine into the front of my bed. shattering the rear window.
  7. dura to the max

dura to the max LawnSite Silver Member
    from georgia

can you post any pics of that 08 tundra?
  8. supercuts

supercuts LawnSite Silver Member

why, they are so ugly we dont need to see it!
  9. Lawnworks

Lawnworks LawnSite Fanatic
    from usa

That is why my duramax gets driven by the wife... and the flatbed goes on the job. Of course, it still gets dented in the grocery parking lot... so I guess you can't win either way
  10. tthomass

tthomass LawnSite Gold Member
    from N. VA

tie off and drive forward pulling it out......very carefully

hey, it could be worse haha.......yeah