1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by zero_turn_freak, Jun 11, 2007.

1. zero_turn_freak

zero_turn_freak LawnSite Member

I am just curious, i see so many people just drive there mowers and drive away with out strapping it down, but do you tie down your equipment or use pro lockers etc...
  2. carcrz

carcrz LawnSite Silver Member

I just drive onto the trailer. If my mowers are coming off over a 16" side rail, I have a lot more to worry about than my mowers.
  3. markzrt1

markzrt1 LawnSite Member
    from MN

ANYTHING on a trailer should always be secured. Just the smart thing to do.
  4. d&rlawncare

d&rlawncare LawnSite Senior Member

And its the LAW.......in MICHIGAN and i am sure all states. 2 points on your license here in Michigan.
  5. mike lane lawn care

mike lane lawn care LawnSite Bronze Member

i tie them down, i should use stronger tie downs than the 500 lb ones i use, but it keps them from moving around at least.
  6. RedMax Man

RedMax Man LawnSite Platinum Member

I use rachet straps for both mowers and 2 bungies for the 21". I have a pair of Fast Straps for the walk behind but now i park it sideways and it would be harder to get it in and out so i took them off for now. I also have blocking screwed to the floor where the tires usually sit and that helps also.
  7. nitro rookie

nitro rookie LawnSite Member

Where can I buy some of these Fast Straps?

8. TXNSLighting

TXNSLighting LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

dont strap mine. its not a law here. i just like to drive up jump off and get to trimmin.
  9. Uranus

Uranus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mass

If I'm in the small neighborhoods I dont strap down my mowers. If I'm traveling more than 5 minutes down the road then I most likely will. I started being a good landscaper and securing everything now that the DOT is on our butts out here in western mass. My buddy already has 3 separate tickets for everything from not having his fire extinguisher properly mounted to being over weight in his F550.
  10. RedMax Man

RedMax Man LawnSite Platinum Member

I hope those troopers stay out there.:laugh: I was mowing in NH yesterday and as was heading to the next account there was one behind me for a while, I kept looking in the mirror to make sure he wasn't trying to pull me over.