Tie, strap, or chain down mowers to trailer ??? What is best ???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawnman79, Feb 12, 2006.

1. lawnman79

lawnman79 LawnSite Member

Tie, strap, or chain down mowers to trailer ??? What is best ??? weightlifter

2. Shawns Lawns

Shawns Lawns LawnSite Senior Member
    from Maine

Strap tractor and bungee mowers:waving:

3. vanguard

vanguard LawnSite Member

Go with the BEST and forget the Rest!!

PROLOCKERS.COM

You'll never regret it! us flag

4. lawnspecialties

lawnspecialties LawnSite Silver Member

I strap my Hustler down with tie-downs at the back. One on each side just in front of the little wheels in back.

5. lawnman79

lawnman79 LawnSite Member

anyone actually use those prolockers or something simmilar, and Im not asking you who are selling them. :nono:

6. sandrat

sandrat LawnSite Member

I purchased a prolocker last spring.......good investment.......drive on, drive off......simple locking system........easily removed if you want to haul something else (like mulch)........you can purchase through most lawn equipment dealers........

7. lawnmaniac883

lawnmaniac883 LawnSite Silver Member

OMG, this has been asked like 10x this week, get prolockers.

8. all ferris

all ferris LawnSite Bronze Member

What's a strap???? I just close the gate and let the parking brake do the rest. Pro lockers would be great if you parked the same mower in the same spot every time. I move my mowers around on the trailer too much.

9. Superior Lawn Care

Superior Lawn Care LawnSite Member

Im the same as "all ferris" my mowers are on different spots of the trailer through out the day. just drive on the trailer and set the brakes. we use straps if we go on the high way or interstatejust cause the DOT frowns on you if you dont have your load tied down.

10. dcondon

dcondon LawnSite Silver Member

we strap each mower down every move. I think that Pro lockers would be good but we always have the mowers in different spots on the trailer. Plus some days we take different mowers and things with us.