Tiered wall detail

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by cgland, Aug 21, 2007.

1. cgland

cgland LawnSite Bronze Member

Does anyone have a detail of a tiered wall? The only one I could find was Anchors and it wasn't the greatest. Appreciate the help.

Chris

2. PaperCutter

PaperCutter LawnSite Bronze Member

3. cgland

Thanks!

Chris

4. McLandscaing

McLandscaing LawnSite Member

Chris,

I have a copy of the versa lok tech bulletin #7 that talks about tiered walls. If you want it i can scan and email it. Just let me know.

Shaun

5. neversatisfiedj

neversatisfiedj LawnSite Bronze Member

6. cgland

Thanks again! Thats perfect.

Chris

7. Mike33

Mike33 LawnSite Bronze Member

Chris, mainly remember the 2-1 rule evaluate sir charge and grid strong. I just finished a large one bottom wall 145' x 6-8' terrace wall 115' x 4-5' I had a 20' space between walls.
    mike

8. cgland

Mike - I'm NCMA Cert. and have built many tiered walls, both separate and as one and am well aware of the 2-1 rule and the like. All I am looking for is a spec. detail to show my customer. Thanks anyway.

Chris

9. ChampionLS

ChampionLS LawnSite Bronze Member

Let me look in my little black book.....

Oh.. here we go!

Building a series of walls on a slope requires careful planning. Follow this simple set of rules:

When the walls are spaced far enough apart they are engineered as two independent walls.

• The height of the upper wall should be less than or equal to the height of the lower wall.
    • The distance between the walls must be at least twice the height of the lower wall.

As the upper wall moves closer to the lower wall, it adds pressure (surcharge) to the lower wall.

The lower wall will need to be engineered to account for the added weight and pressure, and extra reinforcement may be required. :cool2:

Terraces235.jpg

10. Mike33

Mike33 LawnSite Bronze Member

Sorry i misunderstood your post, i kind of figured you knew that any way just giving reply.
    mike