1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Tiger Cat or Turf Tiger?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by Moose's Mowing, Nov 12, 2012.

1. biodale

biodale LawnSite Member

Get the cheetah. It has bigger pumps and a transaxle system. The ride is better. The only problem you will have with the Cheetah is going too fast for a good cut. You are right, the money is not that much more.
  2. Sharps_lawn&landscaping

Sharps_lawn&landscaping LawnSite Member
    from TN

The cheetah uses more power up with the new hydro system. If you get one make sure it's a bigger size motor if you need it for tough cuts.
  3. Moose's Mowing

Moose's Mowing LawnSite Senior Member

OK guys, thanks for the advice on this. I decided on a 2013 Turf Tiger. 61" with 27hp Kawi. I skipped the bagger. Here's a pic from the other day when I picked it up. the 2013 has some neat little upgrades over the 2012. nothing huge, just little odds and ends. I'll post more pics this spring. Maybe I'll take a few more after I unload it from the trailer.

tigercat 1.jpg

4. Blade Runners

Blade Runners LawnSite Bronze Member

umm, that's not a Turf Tiger.
  5. puppypaws

puppypaws LawnSite Fanatic

You meant "Tiger Cat" right?
  6. Moose's Mowing

Moose's Mowing LawnSite Senior Member

ha yep, my bad. Tiger Cat is what I got. One day I'll get the name right
  7. puppypaws

puppypaws LawnSite Fanatic

What's causing the name problem; is in reality you have been wanting a Turf Tiger...Wishful thinking has ways of playing tricks on the mind...LOL