1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Tiger Cub 48" vs 52"

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Palmer'sLS, Mar 29, 2006.

1. Palmer'sLS

Palmer'sLS LawnSite Senior Member

Hi all, I am wondering if having a 52" deck is more adventageous than having a 48" deck. my dealer says that he rarley sells the 52", but there is only a few hundred more bucks involved, plus you get 4 more horses with the 52". any thoughts or opinions are appreciated
  2. milo

milo LawnSite Bronze Member

I Love A 52
  3. iluvscag

iluvscag LawnSite Senior Member

52' you get done quicker.
  4. CottonPatch

CottonPatch LawnSite Member

We tend to sell more 52 Wildcats than the cub now. There is not much price difference and the added features of the Wildcat make it a better choice.
    Larger frame, larger front caster wheels, larger seat and a hydraulic oil cooler make for a better machine. Plus the 52 Wildcat comes with a 25 Kaw or a 26 Kaw liquid cooled. The liquid cooled is a fine machine.
  5. LLandscaping

LLandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

I had two 48 Cubs and just replaced one with a 52 Turf Tiger. I would spend the extra money and get the 52. I can get the 52 everywhere I used the 48. I demoed a 52 Tiger Cub and bought the 48's because at the time there was a promotion going on. The 52 cost $1400 more then, but if the price was a few hundred it would of been a no brainer.
  6. green acres lawns

green acres lawns LawnSite Senior Member

I have a 48", a 52", a 60", and a 72" ZTR. The 52" and the 60" get used the most. My properties are 1/4 acre up to 18 acres.
  7. Scag413

Scag413 LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a 48" and it does great, but if I could have a 52" for a few hundred more I would definitely go for it.
  8. MTR

MTR LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

52" and 52" and 52" everywhere I go...no matter what. 52" that is all I know....fit tiny 5x8 trailer, fit through 5 ft gate, knock down acreage lawns in no time.