1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Tiger cub $7500? Is is a deal

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Jerry and Sons, Jun 5, 2006.

1. Jerry and Sons

Jerry and Sons LawnSite Member
    from Pa

My dealer is trying to unload last years Scag tiger cub 61 inch with 27 hp air cooled kohler for 7500 bucks. Just wanted to get some feed back. This mower has the advantage deck and not the new Velocity deck. What are your opinons on the new deck verses the old deck?
  2. green acres lawns

green acres lawns LawnSite Senior Member

I paid 6900.00 for a 2004 tiger cub, 52", 24 hp honda, in 2004. $7500.00 for a new 61"/27 hp (same as a wildcat) doesn't sound bad to me.

SOUTHERNGREENSCAPES LawnSite Senior Member

I just demoed a 48-24 Tiger Cub tonight and it was a great power to size ratio. The deck may not be as large as you want, but this combo with scag has a promo going with all dealers that you can get this unit for $5999. To me, the little smaller deck is a no brainer for a savings of $1,500. But I run a majority residential and don't need the extra productivity of a 61".
  4. HydroGearHead

HydroGearHead LawnSite Member
    from florida

I think thats really high, here my Hustler dealer was selling the 28hp fuel injected XR7 (new deck) super z (the 15mph one) for $7,999.99 He had about 50 60" Zs on his lot so I think thats really low for a old model.
  5. DJL50

DJL50 LawnSite Senior Member

What brand engine was on that unit? Also was it a 05 or 06 model?

I was calling around today and found out for some reason there is a lot of 05 models sitting around. Wonder why? I found an 2005 52" with 19hp Kaw for $5,700.00
  6. Jerry and Sons

Jerry and Sons LawnSite Member
    from Pa

The mower is a 27 hp air cooled kohler with a 61 inch deck It is an 06 model
  7. TriplePLandscaping

TriplePLandscaping LawnSite Member

sounds a lil high to me too.

SOUTHERNGREENSCAPES LawnSite Senior Member

The one i demoed is the one I purchased today. It was a 48" tiger cub with the 24hp briggs motor. That thing rocks. it holds a hill great, has plenty of power and leaves a great cut.
  9. Raymond S.

Raymond S. LawnSite Senior Member

You may know a little more about the comparisons of that mower to a JD 757 60" cut than me, but I purchased one yesterday. I am in SW Michigan and I called every dealer w/in 100miles of me, LITERALLY, and the best price I got was $7669. Again, I'm not sure how they compare but I would think relatively close. So w/ that said, sounds pretty decent.
  10. ShieldsLandscaping

ShieldsLandscaping LawnSite Member

just got the 19hp 48" tiger cub for 6K (plus tax). I do mostly residential so i dont need the 61. Can't beat the price