Tiger Cub Mod's

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by wall, Apr 20, 2007.

1. wall

wall LawnSite Member

I added a transmission oil cooler and built a striping skirt for my Tiger Cub

Dsc01033 8x6.jpg

Dsc01042 8x6.jpg

2. Mic_bug

Mic_bug LawnSite Member
    from N.B. MI

sweet work on the oil cooler and bracket!

vedy nice

3. TomB

TomB LawnSite Member

Did you buy the cooler from a Wildcat?

4. wall

wall LawnSite Member

Yes, I order a oil cooler and bracket for a Wildcat and purchased 10ft of Parker Push-Loc hose. The bracket bolts right up the holes are already in the Tiger Cub frame. It works good I get about a 15-20 degree temperature drop through the cooler. Plus I switched to Amsoil 20w-50 in my hydro system.

Dsc01034 9x6.jpg

5. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

What made you think you needed an oil cooler?

6. pedro

pedro LawnSite Member

What size deck and engine do you have on that Scag Tiger Cub? I am looking at a 19 Kaw KAI with 48 deck?

7. MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE

MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE LawnSite Bronze Member

Thatz a 48 inch 19 horse,how much did the cooler cost thanx

8. wall

wall LawnSite Member

Oil cooler $124.55
    Bracket $ 75.85
    I ran the mower today and checked the temps aprox. 140 degrees in 110 degrees out

9. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

It was 110F today in your area? So what is the 140F the fluid temperature as measured on the outside of the line? How does this work when it is real cold out.....like at 30F? Any possibility of blowing the seals out if you don't leave it warm up a lot?

10. wall

wall LawnSite Member

140 is the oil temperature from the pumps into the oil cooler and the 110 is the temperature of the oil out of the cooler back to the tank. These readings are approximant using an infrared thermometer measuring at the inlet and outlet tubes of the oil cooler. I am not suggesting everyone needs an oil cooler on their ZTR I just added one to mine thought it was cool and wanted to share the idea.