Tiger Cub owners

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by BOTURF, Apr 27, 2004.

BOTURF LawnSite Senior Member

Iam having some grass clumping problems with my 52 24 horse honda that i dont have with my walkbehind ( Old style deep deck ) and was wondering what would happen if you removed the turbo baffel near the discharged shoot to give it more of a opening , i cant see this clumping going on all summer once the grass loses it juicy texture but i want to get away from double cutting NOW . ANY SUGGETIONS WOULD HELP
  2. bart may

bart may LawnSite Senior Member
    from montana

I just bougt one too and am having major clump problems in deeper lush grass. I did take off the adjustable baffle though and that seems to be helping. Hope it gets better or I'm selling .
  3. bugspit

bugspit LawnSite Senior Member

I kinda warped the plastic baffle and noticed some clumping, raised it out of the way and blew shavings without clumping.
  4. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

thats what i have been doing with this rain is raising the deflector shute some and letting the clippings disperse better

BOTURF LawnSite Senior Member

raising the deflector chute helps but it still throws clumps when damp , i have owned scag for 8 years now but this advantage deck is worst i have ever seen , wish they go back to making the old style deep decks without the damn bahia baffel , what works down yonder dont work up north
  6. bugspit

bugspit LawnSite Senior Member

Let us know what result you get when you take the turbo baffle off.