Tiger Cub Price Help

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mag360, May 9, 2003.

1. mag360

mag360 LawnSite Silver Member

Has anyone price the new 61in Scag Tiger Cub recently? I'd like to have some #'s to start with before I price it at my dealer. Thanks very much for the help!

2. lawnkid

lawnkid LawnSite Senior Member

When I was at my dealer on Wednesday, I saw a 61" tiger cub for
    $7999.00. Hope this helps.

3. NBLL

NBLL LawnSite Member

My 48" cub was $5999 but there was a real jump when you went to a 61". Seems like it was $7499 but I don't remember for sure.

4. turfguy

turfguy LawnSite Member

If you are considering a 61 inch rider spend the extra dollars and get the tiger. I tryed both units in a side by side demo and the turf tiger beat the cub hands down for handling and center of gravity. I dont know why scag would build such similar units. the cub is a great unit with a 48 inch deck but when it comes to a big unit I urge you to buy a turf tiger.......I did....just took delivery yesterday...cut all day today...loved it

5. rob1325

rob1325 LawnSite Senior Member

Bought a 52" cub for 6,900.

6. lawnrangers

lawnrangers LawnSite Member

7199.99 plus tax at my local dealer

7. mag360

mag360 LawnSite Silver Member

Thanks alot guys.

Turfguy---I am very happy with my 61in turf tiger but was considering the 61in cub because of the 25hp kawi and because of the promotion on the 48in cub. I was hoping some big discounts would apply because of the promotion but i guess not---for 7000 or so I wouldn't have thought twice but I guess I can make do with just one ZTR for the rest of the season. Congradulations on your purchase---I love my turf tiger. It just rolled 450 on the hourmeter without seeing the dealer once---not a single problem.