Tiger Cub Vs M60 Tank Vs Used. HELP!!

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Grass-Masters, Sep 28, 2006.

1. Grass-Masters

Grass-Masters LawnSite Senior Member

I have a budget of about $6500 on buying a ZTR. I have a couple dealers in my area that seel scag, exmark, cub cadet, gravely, john deer. I know scag is a better brand accourding to most. But with my budget, I will be cutting 1-3 acre lots. And I wanted to know if the scag tiger cub 48 with 19hp kaw is that much better than a M60 tank with a 25 hp kaw. Or because of my budget should I look at larger machines in the used market. I need to buy one in the next 2 weeks so all the advice I can get would be appriciated.

I also have the option to buy this stuff below for $7300 total, But from what I understand this is all residential grade, and that from what I have been reading is not good.

2005 DIXIE CHOPPER 50" CUT 24 HP GENERAC UNIT HAS 225 HRS (DIXIE comes with 5 sets of blades, oil, 1 oil filter, 1 inner air filter)
    2006 HH TRAILER W/ MOUNTED TOOL BOX, TRIMMER RACK (Trailer is 5'x10' w/ rear gate, solid sides w/ grab rail)
    2 SRM 210 ECHO GAS TRIMMERS
    1 SRM 2301 ECHO GAS TRIMMER W/BLADE(Includes extra blade)
    1 PB 230-LN ECHO GAS BLOWER
    1 HC-150 ECHO HEDGE TRIMMER
    1 18" WILD THING CHAIN SAW W/ CASE
    2 WHITE MFG. PUSH MOWERS(One is 20" W/6.5 HP- One is 18" W/4.5 HP)
    Also Includes PRO LOCKER WHEEL LOCK, 3/ 5 GAL Gas Cans, 1/ 2.5 GAL Can, All mix oil,fire extingusher,Goggles,Extra spools, ETC...

2. I MOW ALONE

I MOW ALONE LawnSite Bronze Member

hi. i see that your in the market for some equipment. i live ten minute's away from you and i have a 2006 lesco ztwo 60'' ztr for sale. the machine is like new with only 27 hour's on it. it has the 25 hp kawasaki engine on it and also come's with the tripple bagger kit. the machine retail's for $6899.00 plus the bagger was a$500.00 option. im asking $5750.00 for it which is more then a $2000.00 saving's off of a new one if you add the bagger and taxes. i can send you photo's or since i live so close to you you could come to see in person if you are interested. let me know thank's

3. Grass-Masters

It may be an option, where are they sold and serviced in this area. I am waiting for a responce from people on this topic, to see what would be a good peice of equip to buy, I will keep this in mind. I will be buying in the next month.

4. Total.Lawn.Care

Total.Lawn.Care LawnSite Senior Member

I am not fond of ECHO, but this looks to be a pretty good deal for the package, as long it is all still in good shape. I do not know much about the Dixie either, but I think it is commercial grade. If you have a budget of $6500, take a look at the John Deere 717A with the 48" deck. It might be just the fit you need.

5. I MOW ALONE

there are three lesco's within 10 minute's from us. one is in shelby township the other in troy and the last one in clinton township. you can go to lesco's website and go to store finder put in your zip and get addresses and direction's. when your ready to buy keep me in mind. thank's

6. Grass-Masters

Total Lawn Care: I did alittle research and everything included including the dixie chopper is residentil grade. This is the reason I did not really like this option. But thanks for the input. And I will look at the deer.

I Mow Alone: I will look into the lesco dealers near me and go talk to them thanks. Is the lesco the one that many people are saying it is the same as a cub M60? Thanks.

7. Grass-Masters

Total Lawn Care: I did alittle research and everything included including the dixie chopper is residentil grade. This is the reason I did not really like this option. But thanks for the input. And I will look at the deer.

I Mow Alone: I will look into the lesco dealers near me and go talk to them thanks. Is the lesco the one that many people are saying it is the same as a cub M60? Thanks.

8. I MOW ALONE

yes it is the same as the m60 just made for lesco. thank's

9. I MOW ALONE

also thought that i would let you know that i also have a 2001 gravely pro 150 36'' walk behind for sale. it has the 12.5 hp kawasaki on it it is a belt drive. the machine is in really good condition and was used sparringly. asking $1200 for it if your interested in one machine or both maybe we could work out a package deal. thank's

10. Grass-Masters

Well if all goes well I may have found my equipment, I found an entire buisness for sale at a good price. I will stay posted.