Tiger Cub with it's new catcher

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Lawnchoice, Oct 20, 2004.

1. Lawnchoice

Lawnchoice LawnSite Senior Member

I had a 3 bag spindle driver Scag catcher installed on our Tiger Cub this week.

Works great for the wide open areas. The Walker gets the rest !

Lawnchoice

75_Picture004.jpg

2. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

Looks great. Some of the nicest cut and stripe i've seen from a Scag Z (assuming that mower did the work in the pic).

I love my 10 bushel 3-bag spindle drive collection system on my Ferris! Great for anything i've used it for yet. Do some real small yards with it and a couple large places. love it. works great for leaves too, put on gator blades and away we go! chops and packs good. 100% satisfied here. :)

ferris vac.jpg

3. Lawnchoice

Yup, it was that machine that cut the side yard.

Very happy with the cut from it. It is almost as good as my older hydro walk behinds. Those seem to have an unmacthed stripe and cut for an out of the crate machine.

Lawnchoice

4. jt5019

jt5019 LawnSite Bronze Member

Ive been looking to get a catcher for my cub.I was looking at the clamshell bagger but its a bit pricey for the amount i would use it.About how much does that kind go for?

5. Lawnchoice

The 3 bagger cost $1599.00

I think the clamshell was over $2000.00

Mine will stay off in the summer and assist with cleanups in the spring/fall.

My dealer who I trust very much said that they had never sold a clamshell so they didn't know how they held up and worked. With that said, I got the 3 bag system because they have installed numerous systems on Scags without any major issues.

6. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

My 3-bag was also $1599.
    I priced some Scag stuff this year, the clamshell for a tiger cub was around $2399 or 2499.