Tight squeeze

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by bobcat_ron, Apr 26, 2012.

1. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

I landed a job pulling 1000+ yards of potting soil out of a 180' x 80' green house and the only doors wide enough were 86", so the boss got smart and bought a 80" wide snow bucket (Bobcat of all brands) imagine making 1000+ trips in and out with only 3" to spare on each side???

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And guess what happens when you put a Bobcat bucket on a Cat skid steer?

The Cat skid steer begins to behave like a Bobcat, it starts to have little "issues" that really piss you off, like the A/C stopped working and the loader and bucket drifts when empty or loaded, that sh*t never happened before.

Coincidence????

2. shooterm

shooterm LawnSite Senior Member
    from Midwest

Had the same issue a few years ago with a school project and hauling alot of sand out of a corridor. I got so good at getting through with a inch on the side I got careless once and turned into a costly price fix for us. We should of just tracked down a smaller bucket.

3. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

I hit the door with the track, it got real slick one day and I got sideways. Then the owner told me he will take the door out to make it wider on the last day. D-oh.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. gammon landscaping

gammon landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

3 on each side.....i would be looking for a 4 inch wider bucket, why waste the space!

5. mzm

mzm LawnSite Member
    from Alabama

i had a job last year were i had to remove 500 yard of dirt for a homeowner who had stockpiled it upunder there 2nd floor deck and boxer mini would berly fit 1/2 inch on each side of the widest boards and riding on my knees two days did not help my bad knees but if i stood up i would wack my head
    my only question was what poesed a 60 year old woman did that