1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Tiller Attachment For Echo Powerhead

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by craftbender, Jul 14, 2008.

1. craftbender

craftbender LawnSite Member

I have an echo that I want to use with the tiller attachment but it runs over 200 dollars. Will the tiller attachment for a ryobie fit? It is around 90 dollars. Has anybody checked that out?
  2. 1993lx172

1993lx172 LawnSite Bronze Member

It should, generally it says on the box that the attachments fit other brands. the mounting system is universal.
  3. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

I don't think much of those attachment....got one in shed. Put the money towards getting that small Echo tiller it isn't as good as Mantis but plenty good and lighter.
  4. paull

paull LawnSite Member

Actually Echo tiller is the Mantis tiller, the tines are different but the gear box and engine are the same.:drinkup:
  5. tallimeca

tallimeca LawnSite Bronze Member

built by echo for years. Only now they offer it with a 4stroke honda.

The tiller attachment is a good unit. Just be carefull near chain link fences..... If it grabs it, you're in for a ride!!!
  6. paull

paull LawnSite Member

I have the dethatcher tines. It work very well, like it better than tilling. Wonder how does it compare with the real dethatcher like the Blue Bird.
  7. metro36

metro36 LawnSite Silver Member

Be careful the tiller wont break hard ground. I have one which I use for turning over compost and cultivating beds. I would not recommend it for use on a landscape install where the ground has not yet been broken.