1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Tiller used as a bed edger?

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by geoscaper, Feb 23, 2006.

1. geoscaper

geoscaper LawnSite Member

I was recently talking to a guy that said he puts a special disc on his rototiller and uses it as a bed edger. Apparantly he takes the first couple of tines out and installs a edging disc. Is anyone familiar with this method? He said it cuts a nice edge along the mulch bed. Thanks for your input.
  2. baddboygeorge

baddboygeorge LawnSite Bronze Member

i wonder if they make a special digging wheel to cut different edge designs. A tiller would have plenty of power , just need to make that special cutter wheel ! great patent idea!!
  3. CC Lawncare

CC Lawncare LawnSite Member

new one to me.
  4. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

There was athread on here about a year or so ago about this. It was an attachment that was available for a rototiller for this.
  5. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

Mantis has the edger blade that can be used by removing the tines on 1 side it cuts a nice line, and you can use the tiller part to powder up the old bed, but nothing works better than a bed edger
  6. old dog 80

old dog 80 LawnSite Member

Sounds to me bout like takin the sledgehammer to kill a fly on the granite
  7. indyturf

indyturf LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indy

I believe there are attachments for the smaller tillers like mantis to do edging but I don't think I'v seen any for the larger tillers